Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Merry Elves



Hey everyone - Linda challenges us on Merry Monday this week to use an elf or elves on a Christmas card. Aren't those the cutest little elf cookies in the inspiration photo?! I'd have a hard time eating them!

Well, I have one elf stamp set - the fabulous Santa's Elves Stamp & Cut by Hero Arts. It was released last year but remains a fave. I decided to stamp and color all three elves in the set and add them to a winter scene with pines.

Here's my card:

Christmas Wishes elves
Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White cardstock, Penny Black Holiday Trimmings 6x6 pad (striped); 
Hero Arts PS622 Foliage layering paper (darkest shade - Pine)
Stamps - Hero Arts DC160 Santa's Elves Stamp & Cut, CM101 Christmas Wishes (sentiment)
DI038 Christmas Trees Stamp & Cut (2012 HA/Archiver's Exclusive retired)
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles; 
Picket Fence Distress Paint; Ranger Archival Wendy Vecchi's Watering Can
Dies - Hero Arts DC160 Santa's Elves Stamp & Cut and DI198 Rectangles Infinity
Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes (large rectangle); Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders
Other - gems, puffy paint, Copic markers, foam tape

I started with a white rectangle panel and stamped a row of trees, masking along the way so they'd be connected. Then I sponged around them a bit with Distress Ink and popped a stitched hill,stamped with the sentiment, along the bottom. I layered this panel onto a stitched rectangle cut from diagonally striped paper - so yummy! After stamping and die cutting the elves, I colored them with Copics and put puffy paint on the hats. Does it bother anyone else that white puffy paint looks ivory and browns easily with heat? Really bugs me!! So, once puffed up, I painted it with Picket Fence Distress Paint to whiten it - much better!

Such a fun theme - thanks to Linda for the inspiration! Thanks for stopping and have a crafty week!

18 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

What an absolutely adorable card Linda! I love all your attention to detail...your background and those beautifully colored elves are just perfect! Love the bit of red & white striped DSP paper peeking out too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday's! :0)

Rosemary said...

your little elves are just too darn cute, linda!! what a fun Christmas card!!

Dawn T said...

totally adorable. I have these three and I love using them. Love the puffy paint on the hats.

stampingandstitching said...

This is such an adorable card, Linda! Love the fun scene you created with the beautifully coloured elves and trees with the mix of patterns and colours! I've never used puffy paint so didn't realise it was like that - great idea to use the distress paint on it:)

Linda said...

Linda this is just too adorable and beautifully colored. Awesome card.
Thanks for being a faithful follower at Merry Monday.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Yes! I hear you about the puffy paint. Great idea to paint over it. I just gave mine away instead, guess that works too. Cute card, sweet elves. I also like that line of trees in the back.

Jean said...

The cuteness! Just adorable. Great take on the challenge (which had me stumped as I don't know that I have any elves!).

Bonnie said...

What adorable elves, Linda! And you've colored them beautifully and made a very festive scene! Hope you're having a great week!

jasann said...

What lovely Elves, you have made a perfect card, congratulations!!!!!

Greta said...

Oh too cute, Linda! Love the variety of trees behind those darling elves!

Notes by Nina said...

Such cute festive elves, I love the fun patterns and colours. Thanks for playing along with Merry Monday.

Theresa's Studio said...

Great trio of Elves! Love your card and winter scene.

conil said...

I, too, am short on elves but you, impressively, knocked this one out of the park. Your adorable scene is so beautifully colored. I admit to drooling a bit while I stared at it for several minutes.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such adorable happy elves! Love the colours! Thanks so much for playing along with Merry Monday.

alexandra s.m. said...

This is such a great and fun card Linda!
And it makes me smile BIG time!
Thanks!

Greta said...

Hurrah--another well-deserved shout out at MM, Linda!

Virginia L. said...

What a feast to my eyes! These elves are super CUTE!!! I didn't know about this Santa's Elves stamp set....time for me to get out of the rock!?

Aileen said...

Thank you for leaving that lovely comment on my blog. I have to say your card here is so cute, love your colouring and design. total winner.